Per President Gabel's email on March 16th, all events of 50 people or larger have been canceled. We are waiving all cancellation fees for any events taking place now through May 13. We are happy to work with you to find an alternative date, if possible. Our Reservations staff is available via email. If you have any questions/concerns or to make a reservation for space post-May 13, please contact [email protected] for Coffman Memorial Union events, [email protected] for St. Paul Student Center events and [email protected] for any Outdoor events. 

Food Truck Step-By-Step

  1. Complete an application for an Outdoor Space Permit.
    • You may need to create an account the first time you use the website.
    • If the location of your event is not listed, select "Outdoor Alternate Area” at the bottom of the list.
    • Contact the Outdoor Space Office with questions about how to use the permit site.
  2. Contact Aramark seeking permission to have the food trucks on campus. E-mail Chris Vokracka and ask him to waive Aramark’s “right of first refusal” to have food sales on campus. Forward the resulting email to the Outdoor Space Office.
    • ​​​​​​​Typically, the easiest food truck to get is an Aramark-approved food truck. Ask Chris for a list of trucks. In the past, these trucks have included:
  3. You’ll need to complete and submit a Food Permit to have the trucks on campus.
  4. Contact Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) to find a spot to locate the food truck for the event. PTS prefers to locate food trucks at parking meters or surface lots.
  5. Once the food truck location is approved by PTS, you'll need to submit a diagram of where the truck will be located on campus to the Outdoor Space Office.
  6. The Office of Real Estate (REO) will need to draw up a Food Truck Agreement for the food truck vendor to sign. Contact the Real Estate Office's main email: [email protected]
  7. As part of the food truck agreement, you'll need the food truck vendor to send you and REO the following items:
    • ​​​​​​​A copy of its business license.
    • Its seasonal food permit issued by the Minneapolis Department of Health.
    • A Certificate of Commercial General, Automobile Liability, listing "Regents of the University of Minnesota" as additional insured.

​​​​​​​Once these items are completed, your Outdoor Space Permit application will be reviewed by departmental partners for approval – a process that takes about two weeks. Bring a copy of your approved permits and Food Truck Agreement to your event with you.